Let's Get Past the January Blues
January can be a difficult month for many of us. It’s dreary and tends to drag on. We just had three major holidays, tons of parties with friends and family, and now to a gloomy month full of nothing but cold. If this sounds like you, we have a few ideas to help you kick the January blues.
Let’s start the year off right by taking better care of ourselves and putting ourselves as a priority. Remember, self-care isn’t selfish.
- Commit to a nighttime face wash routine, it sounds simple but it’s something we look forward to every night. You can add special tools like a gua sha or jade roller to make it more relaxing.
- Drink water. Simple as that, find a bottle you enjoy drinking from and drink more water. We promise drinking an acceptable amount of water for your body will do wonders.
- Take a bath, with all the bubbles or bath bombs your heart desires. Next time you feel like you need a break, take a bath. And if you’re not a bath person, then we don’t even know how to talk to you. (kidding, kind of)
- Read a book (or listen to audible) instead of watching TV. Rather than turning on the TV and mindlessly scrolling, read a book. There’s no better way to escape from reality than reading a book.
Clean it Up
Feeling overwhelmed or a little down, take a look around could your house be making you feel this way? Sometimes all you need is a clean house to help you see things more clearly.
- Declutter, the less stuff you have then the less stuff you have to clean up. Take 10/20/30 minutes, whatever you have, and declutter a space that’s been bothering you. If you only have a few minutes to declutter a drawer, just do what you can. You don’t need to do everything all in one day.
- Figure out a cleaning schedule that you can stick to. Like starting the dishwasher every night and unloading it every morning. Or wash, dry, and fold one load of laundry every day or save it all for one day a week. Your method of cleaning won’t be the same for everyone else but find what works for you.
- Make a list of all the little annoying tasks that you keep meaning to do and knock as many off as you can in an hour.
- Wear an outfit that makes me feel good for no reason. Why do we all feel like we need a reason to look good? If you want to put on your favorite outfit and just hang around your house, you do that. Stop waiting for a reason to wear what you love.
- Buy yourself flowers. You don’t need a reason to have beautiful things in your house. If you love the look and smell of fresh flowers, buy the flowers.
- Learn a new hobby, so many people say they want to try something new. This January schedule a time for you to actually do it. Figure out what you want to try and get all the materials required so when the time comes you’re ready to go.