Just like that another October has come and gone making us one month closer to Christmas and only weeks away from Thanksgiving. With these holidays comes holiday parties which means you need effortlessly chic outfits. My Sister’s Closet Boutique has all of your needs to create the perfect outfit; whether that outfit is for a casual party or something on the fancier end.
It may be a casual get together, but that doesn’t mean a sloppy outfit. However being cute doesn't have to be a daunting task, with our tips and tricks you’ll have a cute ad comfortable outfit put together in no time.
- Think comfort; most casual get togethers involve a lot of lounging around, playing games or watching a movie and in most cases eating. Instead of reaching for your lived in sweats, change your denim for something that is comfortable and flexible, like jeggings or leggings. These pieces give you all the style of regular denim jeans without the restriction. Feel free to fill your plate without having to unbutton your pants in this cute and comfortable outfit.
Tip #1: You want to wear flexible denim or even opt for a moto jegging or leggings.
- Ditch the t-shirt and go with something more festive like an oversize, cozy sweater in either a color or bold pattern. A sweater is extremely forgiving and always give your outfit a cute and casual style. Plus if you have a turtleneck or cowl neck sweater you can throw your hair into a top knot to complete the look. You’ll look adorable while also being comfortable and cozy.
Tip #2: Oversize sweaters are your go-to for looking festive and cute while staying comfortable and casual.
- When it comes to accessorizing little to none are needed. Keep the jewelry simple like a pair of stud earrings and a bar necklace. You can't go wrong with a cute pair of sneakers to complete this laid back holiday outfit.
Tip #3: Less is more when it comes to accessorizing
If you are unsure whether the party is fancy or laid back you can’t go wrong with being right in the middle. With this outfit you'll have a little more of a polished style, while still incorporating things that can keep it casual and you comfortable. This outfit is still comfortable while being totally chic and stunning.
- Change up your pants, instead of reaching for denim grab a pair of trousers, culottes or even some faux suede leggings to give you a higher-end look without sacrificing your comfort. By changing up your pants you look more put together and stylish.
Tip #1: Exchange your denim jeans for something a little fancier.
- A chenille or velvet sweater is sure to up the ante of any outfit. Thanks to its sheen style it instantly transforms any outfit. To create a fancier style change up the material of your blouse, reach for a chiffon style or a popcorn texture to add that eye-catching quality. If layering is your thing than reach for a button down top and pair it with a cardigan or sweater for that sophisticated and fancier style.
Tip #2: Add a unique textured blouse or top to create the ensemble.
- If your outfit feels too casual add statement necklaces and jewelry. You can never go wrong with a little bling to really tie an outfit together. When choosing shoes reach for your favorite pair of heeled booties to capture the ‘in between casual and dressy outfit.
Tip #3: Accessorize with statement jewelry if your outfit is still feeling too casual.
For the jumpsuit option we have this cropped, textured style to complete the perfect polished outfit, while keeping things casual thanks to the looser fit.
A fancy outfit can be hard to put together, especially when you have no idea where to start. You have to think about the event or party, are you going to be sitting a lot or standing around? Just because the event call for a fancier style doesn't mean you have to be uncomfortable the entire evening. With a few simple tips you will have your polished and elegant outfit ready for a night you won't forget.
- To easily encapsulate a fancier style reach for a dress or a skirt, they are the easiest thing to show a fancier outfit. A skirt or dress instantly gives you a dressier style, if you choose correctly. Ditch your stretchy t-shirt dress, unless you are ready to do some serious accessorizing. Choosing a dress can be an easier option because all that’s left to do is accessorize.
Tip #1: Go with a dress or skirt option.
- Keep in mind the material of your clothing, things like chiffon, velvet and chenille have a fancier style to them then the oversize cable knit or a cotton blend. Just by wearing a different material you can give your outfit that polished and dressed up style that you were going for.
Tip #2: Reach for material that will give your outfit a polished style.
- When it comes to accessorizing for a fancier event you have to go all out, not in wearing all the jewelry that you have, but picking the jewelry that catches your eye and has a little sparkle to it. The last thing you need to do is add a pair of your favorite pumps or dressier heels to complete this fancy outfit. Remember, nothing says fancy quite like pearls and diamonds.
Tip #3: Choose jewelry and accessories that stand out to you and add a little sparkle.
Outfit #1 consists of two different textures to really help you achieve an eye-catching and put together outfit. It features our burgundy swiss dot skirt and our Annalise ribbed top in black that will be releasing soon, in black and another color. Pair it with your favorite heels and you are ready to party.
Outfit #2 is full of pleats to really set this dress apart from the others, plus with a chiffon-like material you get an extra polished style. Grab your favorite heels and you can be on your way.
Whether your family chooses to go all out or likes to keep things more casual one things for sure if you use these tips, you will look completely adorable and ready for the holiday festivities. To find more sweaters, jeggings, jumpsuits or dresses for other holiday parties be sure to check out our website.