It's officially the best season of the year...the season of holiday music, cozy clothes, and, most importantly, the season of PIE! Thanksgiving is right around the corner and the team at MSC has been dreaming about all the different pies we'll be feasting on next week. We asked you (the MSC Sisterhood Community) to share your favorite pie recipes for Thanksgiving and you did not disappoint! We're sharing a round-up of all of the delicious pie recipes you shared with us below - let us know if you are going to try any of these pies this year:
Shop Amelia's Dress Here
German Chocolate Pie
1/2 CUP MELTED BUTTER
1 TSP VANILLA
1/2 CUP CHOCOLATE CHIPS
1/2 CUP COCONUT
1 CUP CHOPPED NUTS
MIX TOGETHER ALL THE INGREDIENTS AND POUR INTO PIE SHELL.
BAKE AT 350 FOR 1 HOUR. LET SIT TIL COOL. TOP WITH WHIPPED CREAM
No Bake Oreo Mint Cheesecake (original recipe found here)
- 24 Oreo cookies-finely crushed
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 24 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1½ cup Oreo crumbs (from about 15 Oreos)
- 5-6 drops green food color
- 1 teaspoon extract mint
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In the large bowl mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, until become creamy.
- Add heavy whipping cream and mix until becomes thick.
- Add mint extract, green food color and Oreo crumbs.
- On the prepared crust add fill and leave the cake in the fridge for 1 hour.
- After an hour, melt chocolate chips in the microwave and add on the fill.
- Decorate, if desired.
Fresh Apple Cranberry Pie (original recipe found here)
- 7-8 apples any type peeled, cored and sliced ( I like Granny Smith)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries washed
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- juice from 1/2 of a lemon about 2 tablespoons no need for this if using Granny Smith apples
- dash salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup solid shortening
- 1/2 cup cold water
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place rack on lowest shelf in oven.
Place flour and salt in medium sized bowl.
Cut in shortening with pastry blender.
Add cold water all at once, fold with fork, just until all of the flour mixture is moistened. You may need to add a bit more water.
Gather the dough together in a ball. Split the dough in to two parts.
Flour a surface and rolling pin.
Roll out one half of dough to about 1/8 inch thickness into a circle.
Fold dough in half. Lift onto a 9.5" pie plate.
Open and shape to pan. Roll out the other half of dough, and set aside.
Place apples in large bowl and mix with cranberries.
Add rest of filling ingredients and mix well.
Fill bottom crust with apple cranberry mixture. Dot top of filling with 1 tablespoon of butter, cut into small pieces.
Place other half of rolled out dough on top of filling in pie plate.
Gather the pie dough around the edge of the pied fold under to forma seal to keep all of the juices from the pie from escaping.
Crimp and decorate edges.
Make slits on top of pie for steam to escape.
Brush with egg wash if desired, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar.
Place pie onto foil lined cookie sheet (important, this usually bubbles over a bit.
Bake for about 90 minutes. Cover loosely with foil if pie is getting too brown about half way through baking.
Bake until pie is bubbly and golden.
Let us know what pies you'll be making this year!