Memorial Day is right around the corner, while its a great day to have a BBQ and kick off the first holiday of summer. The most important thing to remember is that it’s a day to honor and remember those that lost their life while serving in the military. This year at My Sister’s Closet we are doing something to help you get into the holiday; we are releasing our beloved Red, White and Blue Collection.
Our Red, White and Blue Collection is everything you need for Memorial Day get togethers, 4th of July parades and 24th of July festivities. We have graphic tees, patterned dresses, bold skirts and stunning tops. This collection has something for everyone, whether your style is more sophisticated and classy, laid back and casual or right in between. It features stunning reds, deep navy's and of course solid whites to complete the red, white and blue look. However, these pieces aren’t the type that can only be worn three times a year. You could wear them all year long without question, but when you wear them on those days you definitely show your American pride.
Now that you’ll have the perfect outfit (if your local be sure to stop by our stores before any party or gathering) here are some ideas to make this Memorial Day the best yet!
- Throw a BBQ complete with all the American classics like hotdogs, burgers, baked beans and chips. It’s the perfect a summertime classic, you can throw it in your backyard or head to a park or nearby lake. Be sure to bring outdoor games like frisbee, corn-hole and a bat and ball for a little baseball tournament!
- If you have the day off of work you might as well make the most of it and go camping in the great outdoors. You don’t have to go far, even camping in your backyard can be a fun way to welcome summer! Just make sure you don’t forget the s’mores.
- Go fishing, there’s nothing quite like relaxing by a lake or pond while catching some fish. Plus its an activity that everyone can enjoy. However, a few tips: don’t forget the snacks, chairs or the sunscreen or you may be in for a looong day!
- Get moving, take a hike or if you’re really feeling brave complete the Murph Challenge. Getting some exercise, whether outdoor or indoor can be a fun family event or a fun competition between friends, but it will definitely make you feel better before the big BBQ!
- Lastly, but most importantly pay your respects. Place flags and flowers on the graves of those who died protecting our country. This is a great way to spend time with family and remember the real meaning behind the holiday!
At My Sister’s Closet we are celebrating in the best way we know how, with a new holiday inspired collection to help make the day even better. We will be releasing our Red, White and Blue Collection at 10:00 A.M on Memorial Day, May 27th! Plus to make it even sweeter, every purchase made (over $10.00) will get a free polka dot scrunchie! To make sure you don’t miss out become a member and sign up for emails here! We can’t wait to see what pieces you’ll snag from this new collection, like always be sure to tag us so we can see how you style them and what Memorial Day adventures you went on!
Courtney is wearing our USA Baby Tee (find similar top) paired with our Vintage Babe Shorts. We also have these shorts in white and a similar style in curvy. This is the perfect casual, Memorial Day outfit for all your adventures. If these shorts aren't your style check out all of our shorts here and curvy here!